PRP for Hair Growth, Strength, and Thickness
A PRP Scalp treatment can thicken hair, increase the hair growth cycle, and reduce fallout and shedding. Perfect for anyone experiencing thinning hair from ponytails, hormone fluctuations, post-childbirth, age, and predisposition to thin hair.
In less than an hour, you will be on your way to thicker, healthier hair and scalp.
The treatment begins with a standard blood draw from the arm. The tube of blood is put into a centrifuge machine, which spins the blood tube to separate the red blood cells from the plasma.
The plasma, rich in platelets and growth factors, which act as messengers, signaling skin cells to function, is then injected directly into the scalp.
How to Prepare for Your Treatment
- Avoid blood-thinning agents(aspirin, Ibuprofen, alcohol, fish oil, etc.)
- Hydrate. Drink extra water, at least 8 glasses a day, two weeks before your treatment. Drink 16 ounces of water two hours before your appointment.
- Arrive with clean, dry hair, no products.
- Do not color or do any treatment to your hair five days before your appointment.
- Discuss your medications with your practitioner before your appointment
- No rigorous workouts Two days before your appointment
- Avoid or minimize smoking three days before your treatment.
It’s important to follow these guidelines. The result of your PRP treatment will be affected if not followed. Additionally, healing can be affected.
What to Expect After Your Treatment
After your treatment, you may experience some swelling and tenderness. This typically subsides in a few days. Sometimes bruising may occur, which should subside within a week or two. Avoid washing or applying anything to the hair / Scalp area for 48 hours.
After that, you can continue with your regular hair routine and topical medications. Hair dye and coloring treatments can resume after one week of treatment.
Results can start to be seen soon as a few weeks and continue over 6+months.
Typically, you will need three treatments spread about Two weeks apart; after that, maintenance treatments about twice a year.