PRP & MicroNeedling
With a simple blood draw, we can separate the platelet-rich plasma from your blood cells which contain growth factors. Growth factors act as messengers, signaling your skin cells to function.
PRP is used in treatments to revitalize and improve the skin and hair. PRP can also be combined with select treatments to boost results.
How Does it Work?
All PRP MicroNeedling, Vivace & Scalp Treatments begin with our medical professional taking standard blood draw from the arm into a test tube.
The tube of blood is put into a machine called a centrifuge, which spins the tube to separate the red blood cells from the plasma, which contain growth factors.
The plasma is then incorporated into your selected treatment using MicroNeedling or injected directly into the skin or scalp.
How to Prepare for Your PRP Treatment
- Avoid blood-thinning agents (aspirin, ibuprofen, alcohol, fish oil, etc.) 2 weeks prior.
- Hydrate. Drink extra water, at least 8 glasses a day, two weeks before your treatment. Drink 16 ounces of water two hours before your appointment.
- Discuss your medications with your practitioner before your appointment.
- No rigorous workouts two days before your appointment.
- Avoid or minimize smoking three days before your treatment.
- For Scalp Treatment, arrive with clean, dry hair, no products.
- For Scalp Treatment, do not color your hair five days before your appointment.
It’s important to follow these guidelines. The result and healing of your PRP treatment will be affected if not followed.
What to Expect After PRP Treatments
Little or no downtime can be expected from PRP and MicroNeedling treatments.
Your post-treatment instructions will vary depending on the treatment, and instructions will be provided by your practitioner.